The rugged 6-inch 8086 Iron Ranger features premium Charcoal Rough & Tough leather, dark gunmetal eyelets and speed hooks, Goodyear welt construction, triple stitched quality, plus a durable Vibram® 430 Mini-lug sole for grip while maintaining the classic Iron Ranger construction and silhouette
- Charcoal Rough & Tough Leather Vibram®
- 430 Mini-lug sole
- Dark Gun Metal Eyelets & Hooks
- Ankle high
- Goodyear Welt construction
- Last No.8
- All Natural Leather Boot Conditioner. With added beeswax for increased natural water resistance. Created specifically for Red Wing’s Oil-Tanned leathers.
- Foam Leather Cleaner. To clean up your shoes if needed. Creates a foam and lifts ground-in dirt and stains from the leather.
- Red Wing Leather Protector Spray. Prevents water, salt and other elements from penetrating the surface where they can be wiped away instead of soaking into the leather’s pores and fibers.
THE HISTORY BEHIND THE STYLE
The early history of iron mining on Minnesota’s Mesabi Range is intertwined with that of Red Wing Shoe Company. The miners needed tough but comfortable boots that could stand up to the long days and tough conditions a northern Minnesota mine pit presented. Red Wing responded with a boot made of thick leather with an oil resisting outer sole, speed lacing hooks, and a comfortable cork midsole. The defining characteristic of these boots though was their double layered toe, capped to protect the miner’s feet from injury as they labored with hand tools and heavy machinery. That boot is still made today, the fittingly named Iron Ranger, and it represents not only Red Wing’s commitment to making boots for working men and women but also its Minnesota origins.
S.B. Foot Tanning Co. is best known for oil-tanned leather which is used to build a variety of timeless Red Wing styles. This leather is water, stain and perspiration resistant, and has a more natural look and feel because less finishing materials have been applied, allowing its natural beauty to shine through. Oil-tanned leather is exceptionally durable and has been used to build countless work boots throughout Red Wing’s 108+ year history.